Hello and happy Saturday (probably Sunday by the time everyone reads this!!). I hope everyone has had a great start to the weekend...we have.
Let's see, I haven't posted since Thursday, so let me catch you up on what we have been doing. Thursday night was pretty much uneventful...at least as far as I can remember - I must be getting old if I can't remember two night ago!! Oh wait, I do remember what we did, okay, I'm not so old!!! We had Chris' mom over for dinner and hang out time. The kids, grandma & I also took a ride by Barry & Shannon's house so that Grandma could see their new place. It is such a cute apartment. The kids like it because it is right by the swimming pool and playground. Liam said it was the best playground ever!!! It's the little things in life. Here are a few pictures from the playground.
Friday was a bit crazy in the morning. My babysitter's mom called and said that she was sick and wasn't going to make it....thankfully it was early but it was early so I really couldn't call anyone yet to see if I could find someone to cover. I checked with Chris (who had already left for the day) and he said he couldn't skip work because he had appointments. I couldn't skip work because I had a ton to do and had to get the low down from someone else in my department who will be out all next week. So, the search was on for a sitter. Declan mentioned it to Laurie, who watches our neighbors son and she said she didn't mind them all come over to her house. In the meantime, I had called Bob & Sherri's to see if they minded if I dropped the kids off. The kids really wanted to go to Laurie's so we decided that was fine, however, my neighbor was not to crazy about the idea so that didn't happen. I called Bob & Sherri back and said that the plan had fallen through and did they mind....not at all of course. So, with hearts broken, the kids loaded up in the van and we headed out. They did get to play with their cousins for a while during the day so I am sure that helped mend their broken hearts!! Work was crazy, on top of all the stuff I knew I had to do, more came in. It was actually nice to have a crazy, busy day....something I am not use to but really enjoyed.
Friday night our friends Lee & Jen and their daughter came over for dinner and hang out time. It was great. We think we are going to make it a weekly thing. We had tacos and sat around and talked all night while the kids played and watched a dvd of the Laurie Berkner Band. If you have a preschooler, you have probably heard her or heard of her.
Okay, on to today.....Chris got up early (after very little sleep) and headed over to Bob's to help with the shop and other things. They had a busy day and he was very tired when he got home. As for the kids and I, we went Jen & Kyla (and some other friends from church meet us there) to the Tennessee Agricultural Museum for Old MacDonald's Farm which is part of their Summer Saturdays. The kids had a great time and didn't want to leave. They had painting with fruits & vegetables, pony rides (Teah was so sad because she didn't get a pony ride), a HUGE horse they could feed and pet (who didn't like Teah!!), face painting and a bluegrass band. Mrs. MacDonald was also there, reading the story about her husband. They were suppose to have a petting & grooming area but apparently not all of the animals showed up. We were a little bummed but for a free event, we really can't complain. Afterwards we headed to McDonald's (are you noticing a theme here) for lunch and play time for the kids and visit time for the moms. It was great. I got to sit down with another mom who I know from church but we have never sat down and had a long conversation. It was really nice and I look forward to doing it again. The kids would like to go back next week because they are suppose to have an ice cream party. Maybe since the ice cream party starts at 1pm, we will pack a lunch and eat there so we can stay for the ice cream. Sounds like fun!! Any of my Nashville friends that would like to join us, just let me know and I will let you know what the plan is and what time we are heading up there. Here are pictures from our day.
After lunch we headed home for a while. Chris was still at Bob's so the kids and I just hung out at home. I looked online for housing for my in-laws (if you know of any rental property in the Spring Hill / North Columbia / Franklin area, give me a shout). I found a few places and ended up driving around looking at them with Sherri when Chris got home. We will have to take my MIL to look at a few of them tomorrow and get her opinion. There is one pretty close to us but we are trying to talk them down a bit on the price. Pray that if this house is for them that all will work out. I know God has the perfect place for them already picked out.
Tonight we watched Doogal with the kids before bed. It was okay but not that great. The kids love it and have watched it several times. I guess that is all that matters.
Well, that is all for tonight. Have a great evening and a fantastic Sunday!!
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment