This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Okay, so I get this call at work today from a friend of ours name Jeff. I ask him what he is doing and he says "getting ready for the show". What show I say, to which he replies...."the Poison & Cinderella show in Nashville". Okay, if you are like me and were a head-banging teen in the late 80's / early 90's, a smile just came over your face. Of course I had to see if he could get us tickets and of course, being the good friend he is he said yes. So these evening Chris and I spent the night rockin' away to Cinderella & Poison on their "20 Years of Rock & Roll Tour". The best part about it was that the tickets were free, the seats were great and also included pass to a backstage "meet & greet" after the show. Okay, so we weren't really into the whole "meet & greet" idea but it was fun to watch all of the people that our my age trying to relive their youth. I must admit, I was pretty excited about seeing Poison....okay, I know not too many people will admit that but they were one of my favorite bands when I was in high school. Chris laughed at me the entire night as I was singing along with the songs. The only down side to the whole night is that it was a typical July night in Nashville....HOT!! And when you get 5,000+ people together in an outdoor venue, it just makes matters worse. One other highlight, we ran into Jackie Street, who happens to be one of the best bass players in the industry. Chris did some work for him back in the day at O'Neal Customs and so we talked with him for a little while. It is funny to run into people like that at a show like Poison/Cinderella. Here is a slideshow from tonight. The guy with the ear piece is our friend Jeff - he is Cinderella's tour manager. The other guy is Tom Keifer - who is the lead singer of Cinderella. I didn't want to look too much like a "fan" so I didn't take a bunch of pictures back stage. Jeff, thanks for the tickets, passes and all around great time. We appreciate it!!! See you when you get back from tour!



Well, on to the most important things, the kids. They are doing well. Enjoying their summer and most importantly enjoying their babysitter. They get so excited when she comes over, which makes leaving for work so easy. Tonight Grandma Mary came over to watch them which was great. She is in town looking for a house for their big move to Tennessee. A funny Teah story, I was getting ready to leave to go pick up Grandma and Teah asked where I was going. I told her I was going to get Grandma and she ran over to be, hugged my legs and said "I love you". It was so funny. And when I pulled up with Grandma, she was standing at the front door with a huge grin on her face, yelling "HI GRANDMA, HI GRANDMA". Needless to say, they had a great night watching movies.

Declan's hand is healing. He still has some pain in it and is trying to adjust to not being able to do everything. Although it is his left hand, he still has to use it for simple things that we take for granted - pulling up his pants, opening a bottle of soda, riding his bike, playing hockey and play GameCube. He doesn't like keeping it bandaged up because of where it is but I told him he has to keep it covered anytime he is outside playing.

Well, I am going to head off to bed. I am not as young as I use to be when I attended concerts all the time. They really take a lot out of you!! Okay, I sound like I am really old!! Have a great night and enjoy your Wednesday!!! New Song people....it is Life Group week....remember to attend your local Life Group!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

that's so funny! I've never been a big Poison or Cinderella fan, but in college I had a roommate that dated a Poison roadie. I have actually been to several of their concerts and hung out on the tour bus! We thought we were so cool at 19!

Amy said...

How funny!! I bet you have some good stories!!

Anonymous said...

the official method of textual reference is "onealcustom". lower case, no space, singular.

Amy said...

Sorry to all that may have been offended by my mistake of the onealcustom. I guess I never really knew the correct name/spelling.

Tim - good luck with all those rockers. I just don't know what else to say!! Is Cinderella suppose to be playing as well? If so let me know and I will see if Jeff can get you a hook up.

Love you little brother.