This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I guess it is time to give an update since I haven't posted in almost a week. Working full time is draining....how do other people do it?!?! On top of working full time, we have been busy with birthday parties (one of ours and several of others) and fun summer activities.

Sunday we had church and then went to our neighbor's birthday party. He is exactly 3 months younger than Teah. I thought we would just be there a couple hours but we ended up spending 4 hours at their house. The kids were having so much fun playing that we just figured we would let them play. Thank goodness it was right next door. Teah was very funny at the party. Because she and Gavin have grown up together they are so use to each other. Well, when it was time to open presents, Teah jumped right in and gave Gavin tips on what to open and how to open. I think she did some opening as well. Everyone thought it was so cute. They also did a piƱata and when it broke open, Declan looked for all of the bubble gum, Liam searched for bubble gum and a few suckers and Teah picked out only pink suckers. It was very funny. She has become very girly.

I had to work on Monday due to a meeting at work so the kids spent the day home with Grandma Sue. After work we had dinner and then my mom & I headed back to Franklin to pick up Declan's birthday presents. We bought him a bike - which I just discovered I have yet to take a picture of!! What is this world coming to?!?!?! Declan had a friend spend the night (or at least 1/2 of the night). At 2:30 in the morning he decided that he wanted to go home, so Chris took him home. Thankfully they only live a couple streets away so it wasn't that bad. I felt bad for the little boy. We only meet them a few weeks ago and he was so excited about spending the night. His mom told me that she didn't think he would make it but really wanted to try. Poor thing! Maybe next time.

Declan woke up early on Tuesday, which was his birthday. And so Chris and I decided we would let him see his present. He was so excited when he saw it. He has been wanting a new bike and so it was the perfect gift. I will try to remember tomorrow to take some pictures of him on it. It is a 20" bike so he has a little bit of growing to do to fit it perfectly but we figured that it was crazy to keep buying a new bike every year. He will be in this one for a while. Once we were all awake, my mom and I took the kids to the Williamson County Rec. Center for a day of swimming. They have a great outdoor pool and the kids had a blast. We invited one of Declan's friends to go with us as well as Brandie, Zander & Braeden. We all had a great time. After spending 4 hours at the pool we headed to McDonald's for lunch and more play time. The kids were so excited.

PICTURES FROM THE POOL


Tuesday night we had a small family and a few friends over for cake and ice cream. I made a skateboard cake - which I will attempt to make again for his skate party on Saturday. He said it looked great....I'm not too sure. I am going to try and perfect it a little bit before Saturday. Thank you to those that came out to the party and thank you for the gifts. Declan loves them!!!

PARTY PICTURES


Tonight my mom and I had dinner with a friend of ours. It was great to sit down and have an uninterrupted dinner and get time to catch up on what has been going on in her life. Her then husband was my very first boss in the music industry and they are the family I moved to Tennessee with. We have stayed in contact all of these years. We made a decision tonight that we weren't going to just get together when my mom was in town but try to get together at least once a month to talk. We had dinner at McCreary's Irish Pub in downtown Franklin and then a coffee at Starbucks. It was a great evening.

Tomorrow is another day of full time work and then hopefully a quiet evening at home. We are suppose to go see Joyce Meyers but I think we are going to wait and go on Saturday. I just don't want to deal with the crowds two nights (possibly three nights) in a row.

Well, that is all for now. Have a great evening and I will try to post pictures of Declan and his new bike tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with me and not getting upset at the lack of posts!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We didn't know about his party. Happy Birthday Declan.

Amy said...

Sorry, I thought Chris told everyone on Sunday at church - I asked him to let everyone know while I went to pick up the kids.