This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Well, we never made it to the fair. The weather was so crazy. It rained in the morning, was sunny for a little bit and then rained on & off in the evening. It just wasn't worth the hassle of driving over there for the possibility of rain. Declan was a bit bummed because he really had his heart set on going. I informed him that there were two more fairs coming to the area in the next few months and that we would try to make it to one of them. He did spend the night at this friends house and had a great time. After I dropped Declan off at our friends house, I ran Chelsea home (she watched the kids for me on Friday) and then the two little ones and I went school supply shopping. Although I missed the tax free weekend, it was nice not having to fight for space in the aisles. I would do it again the same way. And what was even better was that I only spent $12.00 of my own money on supplies - how you ask?!? Because someone very special to us (you know who you are and thanks again!!) sent me a gift card to Target. It came right at the perfect time and was used for things we definitely needed. God is good....ALL THE TIME!!!

Saturday I got up at 6am - as I have been doing for the last week - to go walking with my friend Debi. She happens to be the mom of the friend where Declan spent the night. Anyway, she and I have agreed that we will hold each other accountable in our weight lose efforts. Our first step in this effort is to walk every morning - except Sunday. We meet at a walking path not far from the house and we walk just shy of 2 miles each morning. We are also drinking lots of water and trying very hard to watch what we eat and stick as closely as possible to around 1800 calories. It doesn't always happen but at least we are watching what we are eating. It is nice having someone to walk this through with. It makes it so much easier.

Anyway, back to the events of the day. After walking I figured it would be a great time to hit the grocery store since everyone was still at home in bed and it would be an easy visit to the store. And that it was. In and out without any extra purchases!! YEAH!!! I got home, put groceries away and then made biscuits & gravy and eggs for breakfast - let me just say that I was very careful about what I ate!! We didn't do too much of anything else in the morning. Liam had a birthday party to go to at 1pm so I took him to that and Teah hung out with Chris. After the party we went over to pick Declan up. I let the boys play for a little bit before we headed back home. The boys were excited to find that Uncle Steve was here to hang out with them. They haven't seen him in a month or two so it was great for them. We had dinner and just hung out here at the house.

Sunday was church. Chris and Bob decided since it was nice that they would ride to church. So Chris headed over to Bob's a little after 10am and I headed off to church shortly after that. I was hoping that by the time I got to church and dropped the kids off in their classes that Chris would be there...but that didn't happen. Instead at about 11:30 after still no sight of Chris and/or Bob I decided I would sneak out and give them a call. Chris' bike had broken down about 1/2 way to church. He was not so happy. They had tried to fix it but couldn't get it started so Bob headed back home to pick up his trailer. Chris was still waiting when church was over so I picked up some lunch and we headed over to where he was. We had lunch in the parking lot of the school they pulled into and waited for Bob. Sherri pulled up shortly after I did so we had a little family get together while trying to decide what was wrong with the bike. It was determined that it got low on gas and ended up sucking up some water which in turned caused the issues. They never got it started at the school but once they got it back to Bob's and worked on it a little longer got it running and it seems to be fine now. While Chris was at Bob's working on his bike, I was at the house that Chris' parents will be moving into this week. The lawn was getting out of hand so I decided it would be a good time to mow it. While over at the house I discovered that there are two couples (I knew about one) that attend New Song - which I think is great. One couple, who's son happens to be in Declan's class at school this year, lives right next door and the other couple lives a couple doors down. It is nice to know that they have such great neighbors. I was also given a little bit of info on the other neighbors and I think they will feel right at home when they move in. After mowing their lawn I decided that our lawn needed to be done as well so that is what I did. At least the front half of our lawn. I was worn out and figured I would get to the back sometime this week. It was then, just a quiet evening at home.

This morning I was back up at 6am for walking and then back to the house to get ready for the first day of school - Declan's official first day but only Kindergarten camp for Liam. The boys were so excited...which I was glad for. Declan was up at 7:15 and ready to go. Liam was up by 7:30 and it was great to not fight with them to get ready. At 8am Declan looked at me and said, "okay mom lets go so we aren't late". I told him that we really didn't need to leave that early since we are only a couple blocks from the school. We left at 8:10 and it was a good thing we did. The place was packed. We ended up having to park in a field near the school. It was crazy. I got Declan to his class and settled in and then it was off to the cafeteria to hear about Kindergarten camp. I was a bit upset because I didn't get to spend as much time getting Declan settled in as I would have liked but I guess that is a good thing. He did great and said he loves his class. He said his teacher is a lot of fun. As far as Kindergarten camp....we waited for a few minutes as all of the other families arrived. Liam was excited because Caleb Stevens was there today as well. They were with each other all morning. After a brief hello and general information, the parents were dismissed and they read a book to the kids. After the story they divided up into small groups. The groups then rotated between four different class rooms doing four different things. After their activities they had lunch and then it was time to go. Liam said he had a great time....I actually peaked in on him once and tried to give him a kiss but he wasn't having it. I thought it was middle school before they were too cool to get a kiss from mom - not kindergarten!!!

After school we dropped Caleb off at home and then the kids played with Declan's friend Brooklyn for the afternoon. Other than that it was a quiet night.

Tomorrow will be Declan's first full day of school. It is hard to believe that summer is over and my baby is in 3rd grade. Where does the time go?!?! Liam doesn't officially start kindergarten until Monday, August 28. He has testing on Thursday, we have a parent meeting next Monday night (where we find out who his teacher is) and then he will go two days next week to get adjusted to his classroom. I am sure he will do great.

Well, that is all for tonight. I better head off to bed so that I can get up in the morning and hit the walking trail. Have a fantastic evening.

No comments: