This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

WOW, it is amazing how quickly the days & weeks seem to be going by. I told myself I was going to be better about getting on the computer and get updates to everyone but it just seems like we have been so busy (with what I am not sure!!!) and there never seems to be enough time in the day to post.

The kids are doing great. They are getting very excited about Christmas and are very ready for their Christmas break. I have to admit, I am ready for the break as well. Chris and I will have off one of the weeks the kids have off and hopefully we will have nothing to do and can stay in the house and veg the entire week. I know that won't happen but it is nice to dream a little!!!

The Children's Christmas production at church was a success. Liam & Teah did a great job along with the other kids in their dance. I was told by a couple of the teachers that Liam looked great and was a joy to work with. He was one of the few that actually knew the entire dance and was on cue the entire time. YEAH LIAM!!! Teah was just excited to be on stage and the center of attention. In fact during rehearsal and one of the performances she managed to push her way to the front of the stage so that everyone could see her. She wasn't interested in making sure that she performed the dance correctly, she just wanted to be sure she looked cute. And she did - so I guess she accomplished what she was going for!!!

Yesterday was decorate for Christmas in our house. The kids were very excited although we (or should I say I) opted for an artificial tree this year. It was given to us by some friends of ours at church and I figured it would be nice not to have to spend money on a tree, not to have to keep it watered and not to have to worry about getting rid of it after Christmas. The kids weren't too sure about it at first but once we got started putting it together they had a great time. In fact, they put it together themselves. Declan was the "foreman" and the others worked under his guidance. Once it was up, the lights were put on it and then it was time for them to hang ornaments. Again, this was a job they did without adult input and they did a great job.



Today after church we got to do something the kids had never done and in fact, I had never done....go to a farm and pick out our own Christmas tree. I know, you just read how we decorate our "fake" tree and you just looked at the pictures from the event but when we were given the opportunity to go along with a couple from our church, we jumped at it. They own a lot of land in the eastern part of Williamson County and go out each year to pick their own tree. We ended up getting two trees for our house that are about 6 feet tall each. I think we are going to put one in the bonus room and use the branches from the other to make a wreath for our house and one for Chris' parents house. And there will probably be enough to make a couple more as well. The kids weren't too crazy about it at first but then got into it. I loved just walking around in the fresh air. It was so peaceful and was such a great family experience. We also got some fresh mistletoe. I didn't realize that it grows at the top of trees. Robert used his shot gun to shoot some down for us. Pretty exciting if you ask me. We walked around for a couple hours looking for the perfect tree for Robert & Karen and their daughter. After we all had picked out our trees we headed back towards the house but not before looking at their cows. The kids got to be up close and personal with the cows and we got to see two pretty new calves. It was pretty neat to watch the mommy cows pay such close attention to what we were doing in relationship to what their calves were doing. It was a great day and we all had a wonderful time together. Robert & Karen have invited us to come out again and enjoy the farm - I am sure it will be something we take them up on. Here are a couple pictures I took with the camera on my phone - since it was an unplanned event, I didn't have my camera with me. I guess that will teach me to always take my camera with me - I just need a smaller one to keep in my purse!!!
















Well, that is all for tonight. I have started working out at the gym and we start at 5:30am.


Have a great night!!!

No comments: