This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Monday, December 03, 2007

The past 8 days have been very hard for me. As many of you know, on Sunday, November 25 my little brother, Tim died of an apparent heart attack due to an enlarged heart. It seems crazy that the person that loved so much and always had a smile on his face would die from a heart problem. I always knew Tim had a large heart, it is just sad that is what took him from us.


I left for Wisconsin at 7:40pm on Sunday, Nov. 25 knowing that I would be facing very rough waters. I thought I was prepared for what I would see at the hosptial, but I don't ever think we are really prepared to see someone we love in that condition. So many things run thru your mind - too many to process. I looked at my brother with tubes coming out of everywhere in disbelief. I was certain that it was all a very bad dream. However, shortly after my arrival at the hospital, the doctors announced that at 7:12pm they had officially pronounced him dead. Words I never wanted to hear. My mom, older brother Tony and my sister-in-law Sara spent the next few hours in the room saying our goodbyes. We said our final goodbyes and left the hospital shortly after 2am with a deep sadness in our hearts.


It wasn't supposed to be this way. I was supposed to have my little brother forever. His love & support are things I had grown to require on a daily basis. In the recent months we talked on a daily basis - just to make sure that all was well in each other's world. As my grandmother has said, Tim & I were much like twins. Knowing what each other was thinking before they said anything and loving each other unconditionally. I am glad to say that I have no regrets when it comes to my brother. I loved him and said or did nothing that I felt would ever make him think otherwise.


The days following Tim's death are a blur. We made funeral arrangements, took care of financial issues, cared for each other as family and most importantly wrapped his little girl Emma up with as much love as possible. As I mentioned before, Tim loved deeper than anyone I know and the biggest recipient of that love was his daughter Emma. She was his world and he hers.


The service for Tim was wonderful. It snowed on Saturday and by the time we made it to the cemetery for the burial there was 4-6 inches of snow on the ground and it was still snowing and blowing around us. It was so cold and we all knew that Tim was looking down on us and laughing. It was a quick private family burial and then we headed back to the house to relax and remember Tim.


Tim will never be forgotten. His life & love will be held in our hearts forever. Thank you to all of our family & friends that made the trip to Wisconsin to share in the service. It really means a lot to me to know that so many people loved Tim. Also thank you to everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. We could not have made it through this week with out those prayers & thoughts.

Remember to tell those around you how much you love them. You never know when they won't be there to hear it. LOVE BIG!!!

1 comment:

Jayna said...

Oh, Amy. I am so so so so sorry. Words can't tell you how much I'm hurting for you. I am so sorry. If there is anything that we can do, please do not hesitate to call. We really mean it.

David & Jayna