First off Happy Valentine's Day - or end of Valentine's Day! We had a very busy day today. Its funny how different life is when you have three children in school and all three having a party. It's even funnier when one of the kids is at a school 15 miles away from the others! Thankfully Teah's party was a couple hours prior to the boys so I was able to attend all three parties today and even get in almost a full day of work!
Teah was very excited about her first Valentine's Day party. Can you believe it - her first school party. She signed all of the Valentine's Day cards by herself and even did a few for a couple other friends not at school (read more about this later in this post). I dropped her off at school and she graciously reminded me to be back for her party! I assured her that I would indeed be back and then headed to work. I got in about three very busy hours at work before heading back to her school. They didn't have much of a party planned but it worked out perfectly for the kids. They passed out their cards, did a little Valentine's Day puzzle and had a small snack. The kids had a great time. I was able to see Teah in action at school. In case you haven't already heard, Teah is a girlie girl and this shows at school. She informed me today that she and her two friends (Riley & Emery) are the most popular girls in class and that is why they giggle and hug each other when they see each other each day. So much I need to learn about having a girl!! Anyway, after taking several pictures (not as many as I probably should have), I convinced Teah it was time to head home - I need to get in another hour of work before heading to the school for the boys parties.
Back at the house we talked about how much fun her party was and how excited she was about her boys parties. However, little did she know that her cousin Thomas was on his way over and was bringing his girlfriend - okay, actually his girlfriend was bringing him because he just had knee surgery. Regardless, Teah loves Thomas' girlfriend Grace - why you ask?! - because Grace is a girlie girl too and loves pink just as much (if not more) as Teah. Once they showed up at the door, Teah decided that it would be better if I just went to the boys parties by myself and she would stay here with Grace & Thomas.
So, after a little work, I headed to the boys school for their parties. It's amazing the difference between and 1st graders party and a 4th graders party. Fourth graders could care less about anything but the food. The first graders could care less about the food and were more excited about their cards. The noise level in the classes were much different as well. Surprisingly, the 1st graders were much louder than the 4th graders.
Since I am co-room mom in both classes, I split my time between the two. Declan isn't much of a party person so he always just wants to get his food and leave. I forced him to stay at his party the entire time today - I was there for the first 1/2 hour and then I had to leave to go to Liam's for the last 1/2 hour. He also hates taking pictures so I never get any good pictures of him. Boo!!! Liam is completely different, he is all about the party. He is involved in everything that is going on at the party and has a hard time leaving. I am sure this will change with time but right now I am enjoying it. I arrived at Liam's party in time for the craft, they made scrapbooks with the Valentine's Day cards they got - Liam was all about this. Time flew by quickly and we headed home. Here is a quick slide show from the parties.....
Teah was very excited about her first Valentine's Day party. Can you believe it - her first school party. She signed all of the Valentine's Day cards by herself and even did a few for a couple other friends not at school (read more about this later in this post). I dropped her off at school and she graciously reminded me to be back for her party! I assured her that I would indeed be back and then headed to work. I got in about three very busy hours at work before heading back to her school. They didn't have much of a party planned but it worked out perfectly for the kids. They passed out their cards, did a little Valentine's Day puzzle and had a small snack. The kids had a great time. I was able to see Teah in action at school. In case you haven't already heard, Teah is a girlie girl and this shows at school. She informed me today that she and her two friends (Riley & Emery) are the most popular girls in class and that is why they giggle and hug each other when they see each other each day. So much I need to learn about having a girl!! Anyway, after taking several pictures (not as many as I probably should have), I convinced Teah it was time to head home - I need to get in another hour of work before heading to the school for the boys parties.
Back at the house we talked about how much fun her party was and how excited she was about her boys parties. However, little did she know that her cousin Thomas was on his way over and was bringing his girlfriend - okay, actually his girlfriend was bringing him because he just had knee surgery. Regardless, Teah loves Thomas' girlfriend Grace - why you ask?! - because Grace is a girlie girl too and loves pink just as much (if not more) as Teah. Once they showed up at the door, Teah decided that it would be better if I just went to the boys parties by myself and she would stay here with Grace & Thomas.
So, after a little work, I headed to the boys school for their parties. It's amazing the difference between and 1st graders party and a 4th graders party. Fourth graders could care less about anything but the food. The first graders could care less about the food and were more excited about their cards. The noise level in the classes were much different as well. Surprisingly, the 1st graders were much louder than the 4th graders.
Since I am co-room mom in both classes, I split my time between the two. Declan isn't much of a party person so he always just wants to get his food and leave. I forced him to stay at his party the entire time today - I was there for the first 1/2 hour and then I had to leave to go to Liam's for the last 1/2 hour. He also hates taking pictures so I never get any good pictures of him. Boo!!! Liam is completely different, he is all about the party. He is involved in everything that is going on at the party and has a hard time leaving. I am sure this will change with time but right now I am enjoying it. I arrived at Liam's party in time for the craft, they made scrapbooks with the Valentine's Day cards they got - Liam was all about this. Time flew by quickly and we headed home. Here is a quick slide show from the parties.....
Okay, we actually didn't head right home. I surprised the kids with a visit to Holland Pharmacy. What is Holland Pharmacy you ask? It is the local shop for Webkinz. They each got to pick out a new Webkinz as their Valentine's Day present. This made them very happy children. Declan picked the black & white cheeky dog, Liam picked the tiger and Teah picked the penguin. They are all so cute!
My mother-in-law made us a special dinner which was very, very yummy. She also made a strawberry cake with whipped topping frosting - you can't go wrong with that!! After dinner Teah headed over to see Gavin. Remember that I mentioned Teah wrote out some cards for friends not in her class?! Gavin use to be our neighbor until last summer. He and Teah are three months to the day apart in age and they absolutely love each other. She has talked about him a lot lately so I made it a point to call his mom and ask if we could stop by tonight. When we showed up, Gavin (okay, his mom) had bought Teah a box of chocolates with a stuffed teddy bear. It was so cute and Teah was so excited to get such a nice present. They ran off to play for a little bit while Leigh (Gavin's mom) and I caught up on the past couple of months. Since they moved we haven't seen much of them. Teah & Gavin were very upset when we said it was time for us to go. They hugged each other good bye about 10 times. We agreed that we would get together on Monday so they could hang out again. They were so excited - so they hugged again!! Here are a couple pictures from their visit.
My mother-in-law made us a special dinner which was very, very yummy. She also made a strawberry cake with whipped topping frosting - you can't go wrong with that!! After dinner Teah headed over to see Gavin. Remember that I mentioned Teah wrote out some cards for friends not in her class?! Gavin use to be our neighbor until last summer. He and Teah are three months to the day apart in age and they absolutely love each other. She has talked about him a lot lately so I made it a point to call his mom and ask if we could stop by tonight. When we showed up, Gavin (okay, his mom) had bought Teah a box of chocolates with a stuffed teddy bear. It was so cute and Teah was so excited to get such a nice present. They ran off to play for a little bit while Leigh (Gavin's mom) and I caught up on the past couple of months. Since they moved we haven't seen much of them. Teah & Gavin were very upset when we said it was time for us to go. They hugged each other good bye about 10 times. We agreed that we would get together on Monday so they could hang out again. They were so excited - so they hugged again!! Here are a couple pictures from their visit.
Well, that is all for tonight - oh wait, that isn't all. Congratulations to our niece Elizabeth & her husband Vince on the arrival of their little girl. She was born at 6:45pm this evening. I don't have all of the details or pictures yet but when I do I will post more.
Good night!!














No comments:
Post a Comment