surgery went well....in fact better than expected. I got to the hospital at 9am like instructed only to find out that they still didn't have orders from my doctor. After waiting for about 1/2 an hour, my doctor walked them up himself and I was taken to my room. They took some blood, took my temp & blood pressure and gave me some medicine. They said that they would be coming for me in about 15 minutes....and that they did. I gave Chris a kiss and off I went to the holding area. I was in the holding area a bit longer but it wasn't too bad. I found out that the nurse I had for surgery has family in Naperville (about 30 minutes from my home town) and Iowa City (about 30 minutes from Chris' home town). What a small world. Anyway, we chatted until it was time for the sleepy-time medicine. I remember talking to the nurse about it but don't remember much else after that.
I was back in my room by 2pm and home by 6pm. It was nice to be able to come home to my bed and my three beautiful children. I really haven't been able to eat/drink a lot although I am really pushing fluids - which at times is very hard. My throat is very sore. I am not sure how long it will take for the swelling to go down and for me to be able to swallow without pain but I am looking forward to the day!!
Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to keep us in your prayers. I don't go back to the doctor until January 9 for my recheck so I still have a little of a week to wonder how things really went.
Love you guys!!!
Amy










No comments:
Post a Comment