HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I am still on the road to recovery and it seems like it is a long road. I am still only able to take small sips of lukewarm water and have eaten very little (mainly pudding, jello & popsicles) over the last week. I knew it was going to hurt but I guess I didn't realize how much it would hurt. I spoke with my doctor today to make sure that I was doing what I was suppose to be doing and he said yes and that it could easily be another 3-4 days before I am feeling any better. I am hoping that I can get to work sometime this week, but I am not going to push myself too hard. I want to heal completely so that there are no complications. The kids have been great and I could never have asked for a more amazing husband. Chris has been a rock and a great caregiver this week. I will consider renting him to any of you that have to have surgery and need a pillar of support. You won't be disappointed!!!
Our New Years was quiet and spent at home. The kids didn't make it to see the new year arrive (if fact, I don't believe I made it either). Declan asked me yesterday when we the fireworks were for the new year and I told him he missed them. He was bummed but said he would see them next time.
Also, be careful how you wish a 2 year old Happy New Year's!!! My mother-in-law called Sunday right before Teah's nap and wished her a Happy New Year. Teah said thank you and fell asleep....only to wake up in tears. She was crying because we weren't getting ready for her party. I was pretty confused until she said "Grandma wished me a happy.....we have to go to my party". I told Chris that Teah thought it was her birthday and he explained that it was New Years. Teah was still insistent that there needed to be a party. So like a good daddy, Chris pulled out a piece of carrot cake that Matthew & Heather had given him (thanks guys, you are a life saver!!!) and put some candles in it and proceeded to sing "HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR TEAH, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU". Teah blew out the candles and all ended on a happy note. What a good daddy!!! Nothing like treating her like a Princess!! Here are a couple pictures from the joyous event.
GETTING READY TO SING

BLOWING OUT THE CANDLES!!
HAVING A BITE OF CAKE
ALL BETTER - Not too sure about this face!!










No comments:
Post a Comment