What a great weekend. Saturday we got up and I made waffles in my waffle maker that Sherri had given me. They were very yummy!! So much better than frozen waffles. After breakfast we got started on priming the office/spare bedroom and actually got a lot of it done. There are a few places we need to do another coat and one corner that we need to do completely but for the most part it is now ready for paint. For those that have never seen the room, some time ago we decided that we would paint the office red, but after three gallons of red paint and the fact that the wall was just sucking it up, we stopped painting it. So for the last year or more it has been half way painted red. Now it is white and looks great. We had talked about leaving it just primed (since you really can't tell the difference) but I would feel better if we pick a color and paint it. Besides, we have to paint the hallway and kids room so we can buy a 5 gallon bucket of paint and paint them all the same color.
John, Amanda and crew arrived around 5pm on Saturday night so the whole family got together at Bob & Sherri's for dinner before a small bunch of us headed down to Columbia to help unload the truck. We got it done pretty quickly and head back home. They were exhausted, so we just got everything off the truck and a bed put up so they could go to sleep.
Today way church and then we went refrigerator shopping. Chris and I had discussed the fact that our refrigerator really looked too small for the area it was in and that if our intentions are to sell the house in the near future then we should get something that fits better. Our plan is to offer it with the house so we hit the Sears Outlet and purchased a 26' Kenmore Stainless Steel Side by Side with ice & water in the door for 1/2 of the retail price. The Outlet sells scratch & dent items but there was only one very small dent on it. We gave the old one to John & Amanda so they didn't have to use the porch as their fridge!!!
Other than that, it was a pretty easy weekend. We haven't had any house guests as planned because Chris' parents have been staying at his sister's house. The kids are a little bummed but they will get over it! My mom and nephew Zachary are coming in on Thursday night for the weekend. It will be nice to see them...I haven't seen my nephew in a couple years. I know, I am a bad aunt.
Well, I need to get Chris' expenses done before I go to bed so I am going to say good night here....GOOD NIGHT!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment