This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Couple quick updates on doctor's visits we had yesterday.....

Teah went back for a recheck on her ear and the doctor said it looks great. In fact, he couldn't even see where the hole had been. So he doesn't need to see her again and she doesn't have to wear the ear plugs any more (which made her very happy). PRAISE THE LORD!!! God is good...ALL THE TIME!!

As for Declan, I took the x-rays that the chiropractor had taken the other day in for his pediatrician to review. We discussed the timeline of what had happened and how he was feeling. I also explained to her that I felt that the nurse I spoke with on Friday was very demeaning. She said she was sorry for the treatment I received and was going to check into it and find out why I was talked to the way I was and why her partner wasn't willing to see Declan or send him for x-rays. Okay, back to the appointment. His doctor looked over the x-rays and explained that they were a little cloudy and would I mind taking him to get more...which we did after Teah's appointment. I got the results back today and he does have very mild scoliosis. It is mild enough that there really isn't any treatment necessary but they will start checking his back a little closer at his annual check-ups to make sure there is no progression. I believe we will continue to have him see the chiropractor in order to relieve some of the muscle tension and spasms he has been having. He goes this evening and we will discuss further what treatment is recommended. I am thankful that we took the few extra steps to have Declan seen and to make sure that all is well. Again I say......God is good.....ALL THE TIME!!!

Have a great day and I will update the rest of our world this evening (along with some pictures from Declan's Author Showcase at school yesterday and one of John & Amanda's new baby).

1 comment:

Jayna said...

Hey Amy,

So glad to hear that your kiddos are okay.

Jayna