This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Sunday, July 23, 2006


Out of the mouth of babes...........(don't read if you don't want to cry!!!)

I forgot to mention the following conversation I had with Liam & Teah on the way home from Mark's party.

First quick background. The kids watch a show called Fairly Odd Parents. It is about a little boy who has Fairy "God" parents that grant him his wishes. It doesn't matter what the wish is, they always grant it.

Okay, so here is the conversation....

We were just about home and Liam says..."Mommy if I had Fairy God Parents, do you know what I would wish for". I said, "no, what?". He said, I would wish for Braeden to be alive and his heart to still work. That way we could have him with us and see what he looks like right now because he is six years old. Teah chimes it, "That would be awesome". I replied, "yes, that would be awesome". And Teah finished the conversation with...."Jesus is going to keep Braeden with him right now and make him bigger and bigger and bigger. We will see him again one day and he will be big like us". So now, with tears welling in my eyes, I have to finish driving home.

I just couldn't believe that out of everything that a little boy of five years of age could wish for the one thing that is at the top of his list is a brother he has never meet. WOW, how amazing. It makes me so thankful that we talk about Braeden so much that he is a part of all of our lives and someone we think about often.

Just thought I would share. Sorry for making you cry (if I did) but I thought you would enjoy the story.

Good night!!!

Two of my precious earth Angels!!

2 comments:

Jayna said...

Amy,

This is just one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. You made me cry at work.

Liam and Teah (and Declan) are such super sweet kids. You are really so very blessed.

Jayna

Amy said...

Thanks Jayna. I am very blessed and thank God daily for them.

Sorry to make you cry!!!