Well, my mom ended up getting in later than was planned due to missing her flight. It worked out well because I was able to pick the kids up and leave them with Chris instead of them having to ride to the airport. So I picked them up and we came home for a little while. While we were home the dogs got out and so the search was on for them. Chris went out looking for them and then I went out looking for them until I finally decided I needed to head to the airport. My mom was already there waiting on me.
The dogs had not returned by the time we went to bed and still were not home when we got up this morning. We ended up getting a call this afternoon from a lady in a subdivision near us who had found the dogs. Good thing they have tags. She was really sweet and didn't mind them hanging out in her yard for the afternoon. She feed them and let them sleep under the shade tree in her backyard. It is so nice to live in a community with caring people.
Tonight was Life Group night. I love our Life Group. We have really connected with the families that attend and I love it!! On Life Group nights each family brings a dish to pass. We usually have a theme and tonight was "Life As A Kid". It was great. All foods you eat as a kid....grilled cheese, peanut butter & jelly, mac & cheese, pizza rolls, corn dogs....you get the point. One of the families brought these very cool smores....they were large marshmallows with a graham cracker stick stuck in it and then dipped in chocolate. They were amazing. After we eat together we have a time of worship, then discussion about what was preached on Sunday and then prayer time. Tonight after our normal group we had a baby shower for one of the couples. They are expecting their first son and are due August 5. It was so much fun. I so remember all of the excitement involved in the arrival of our first child - which happens to be 8 years ago this week!!! Can you believe it?!?!? The joys of pregnancy and the excitement of the unknown....it is great.
I forgot to post this picture from the other night. I woke up in the middle of the night and Buddy was not laying in his spot. I wanted to make sure he wasn't off causing trouble so I got up and went looking for him. Well, I found him....on the couch being used as a pillow. The funny thing about it is that he was happy to be there. I tried to wake him up but he wouldn't move. Silly dog!! Well, enjoy the picture.......
Well, I am going to head off to bed...no really!!! My boss has enjoyed me coming in early and getting lots of extra work done - some that isn't even mine. Since my mom is in town, I am going to take advantage of the ability to work extra hours.
Have a great evening!!!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment