This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Okay, here we go....our week in review.....sit back and hang on.....

MONDAY, AUGUST 21 -
My morning started at 5am like it has for the last couple of weeks. I am in a new routine and so far I am feeling pretty good about it. Up at 5am for my quiet time and then out the door at 6am to meet Debi for walking. I can't really tell a difference, but apparently others can so I guess that is all that matters. I got home, took a shower and then it was time to get the kids ready for school. We found out that Liam ended up with the teacher that we were hoping for.....Ms. Shell. She was Declan's kindergarten teacher and has remained a good friend of ours ever since. I spent the day Monday helping her get everything ready for the big parent meeting that night. It is funny that just like birthdays, the first day of school sneaks up on teachers. She was running around crazy all day - and she wasn't the only one!! Anyway, we got everything ready by the end of the school day and so I grabbed my kids and her daughter and took them home. Declan and Brooklyn (her daughter) are great friends and love hanging out with each other. They act a lot like a brother and sister. Anyway, Chris opted out of the parent meeting since we have been through this once before and ended up the babysitter. Not only did he have our three and Brooklyn, but he had agreed that Heather could bring Caleb over while she went to the meeting. What a guy!! Willing to sit at home with 5 children and keep his sanity!! The meeting went fine and then it was home for a few minutes before running out to dinner with Sherri and Bob's friend Michelle. We ate a quick bite at Beef O'Brady's here in Spring Hill. We chatted about Michelle moving and our lives in general. After dinner it was back home for bed.....finally!!!

TUESDAY, AUGUST 22 -
Morning routing as usual and then off to Liam's first 1/2 day of Kindergarten. He was very excited that he was finally getting to go to school. We got there early and as I was getting ready to take my first picture, I realized that my camera would not turn on. How was this happening?!?! I couldn't believe that I was not going to be able to take any pictures. What is this world coming to?!? Come to find out, the batteries were dead. Yes, I know, I purchased rechargeable for a reason, however, I didn't realize that I had not charged them in a couple of days and they were dead. Anyway, Liam did great when I dropped him off. I guess being in Pre-K there helped him adjust to the whole routine. No tears, just bye mom and off to his chair to get started. Declan walked with us to Liam's class and then he was off to his class. He is enjoying his class and I am thankful that he is falling right into a routine and not having any problems. Teah went and spent the day with Grandma Mary and was very excited about that. She loves going there and was even more excited to find out that her cousins were going to be there. I think Tuesday night was a quiet one at home but I just can't remember. Surely it was!!!

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23 -
Pretty normal day....not too much to talk about. Liam was a little confused about not going to school. This week they only went two days (his days were Tuesday & Thursday) for 1/2 days. They do this to help the kids adjust. They only allow 1/2 of the kids to sign up for the Tuesday/Thursday slot and the other 1/2 go on Wednesday/Friday. It works out well, it is just hard on working parents that have to figure out what they are going to do with the children. Thankfully for me, the mom of one of Liam's friends said he could spend the afternoons with them. It worked out well. Anyway, back to today......we had Life Group and that was about it. It is nice to have a few uneventful days thrown into the mix!!!

THURSDAY, AUGUST 24 -
My walking partner left for Florida today so I decided that since I didn't have to meet her at the walking park that I would just walk around my subdivision. I also ended up sleeping in, so it was a good thing I didn't have to meet her!! I am not sure how far I am walking but I am walking for as long as I would if I was at the walking park, so hopefully I am getting in my 2 miles. Liam went for his last 1/2 day of Kindergarten and my plan was to take pictures of today like it was his first, however, it is hard to do when you forget the camera. I guess I just wasn't meant to have pictures of those 1/2 days. As a friend of mine said, there are too many "first days" in Kindergarten. I am planning on taking my camera - fully charged - to his "official" first day which is Monday, August 28. I meet with my mentor (which happens to also be our life group leader) to finish up my Freedom in Christ class. I have about 4 chapters left and then it will be time to pray through my steps. The goal is to have it done by the 20th of September so I can start the Leadership class. It will be nice to finally have that done and behind me. After our mentoring time, I drove up to Franklin to pick up a gift card for my friend Jen's birthday and then it was back home for bed (my favorite time of the day!!!!).

FRIDAY, AUGUST 25 -
Morning started out as usual. Declan went to school and I dropped Liam & Teah off at Grandma Mary's house. After work I picked the kids up and got ready to head out to get things ready for a surprise party for my friend Jen. I helped her husband and one other friend plan the event. Jen is turning THIRTY on Wednesday (August 30th) and so her husband wanted to throw her a party. She arrived and had no idea (at least that is what she says!!!) that it was going to happen. She knew we were working on something but she wasn't sure when & where. It turned out to be a great night and we all had a great time. I didn't get home until well after midnight and ended up sitting up chatting with Phil & Steph (Phil watched the kids so Chris could come up to the party as well) until about 1:30am.
Jen - the birthday girl


SATURDAY, AUGUST 26 -
I was up and ready to go by 7am for the Step class. Jen said it started at 8am but I had no idea what time she was going to be at my house. She arrived at about 20 til and we headed up. The class was suppose to be a beginners class but it ended up being an advance class so I ducked out of it pretty early. I ended up walking my two miles on a treadmill which worked out well. I was still able to get my walking in and not feel too bad about missing out on the class. After we left the Y we drove around looking at houses on the way home. Our friends Tony & Debi are looking at moving closer into Franklin so we were trying to find them the perfect place. The perfect place in my book would be something close to me!!! We came back to our house for a little bit before Jen & Kyla headed home. I ended up taking the kids up to the Brown Bag concert in Franklin for a little while. There was supposed to be a skate park demo that Declan really wanted to see. We ended up missing the skate demo and so Declan was not too excited about being at the concert at all. We did show up in time to see Nate Sallie who happens to go to our church as well as a couple of the other bands. The kids played in the "bounce house" for a few minutes and then we decided that it was just too hot. We didn't even get to see Plumb who was the headliner of the event. I drove through McDonald's and grabbed them some lunch before heading back home. Declan & Chris had tickets to go with Brian & Zander to the Titan's pre-season game against the Atlanta Falcons (Titans ended up losing the game). They had a great time.....unfortunately Chris forgot to take the camera in so I don't have any pictures from the event. I can't believe that this has been a week of very few pictures. I am sure I will make up for it!!! Liam, Teah & I ended up going to a local event that was completely free - you got to love it!! There were pony rides, several different inflatables (bounce house, maze & giant slide), a rock wall, ice cream, dinner and other things. Yes, all completely free. The only problem to the whole event was that the lines were horrible and it was very hot. We only were there for a little over an hour but it seemed a lot longer. We stopped by Grandma & Grandpa's for a little bit before coming back home to watch a movie and wait for Chris & Declan.
The bouncey at the Brown Bag concert Saturday afternoon

SUNDAY, AUGUST 27 -
My one day off from walking and it was great. I slept in until almost 9am. WOW!!! We got ready for church and headed out about 10:30am. Church was fantastic as usual. After church we went to Chris' parents house for a cook-out. The kids were eating outside when it started to down pour. They ran in the house leaving their plates full of food out on the deck. I didn't want them to make a mess so I went out and picked everything up while getting soaked!! I thought I would be safe under my MIL's canopy for her swing but the rain was coming down very hard and was blowing side ways. I am sure it was quite funny to watch - just as John William (Chris' nephew) he was laughing the entire time!! We had a nice time of visiting with everyone.

Well, that is it...our week in a nut shell. I am sure I am leaving out something important but I just can't think right now. Oh yeah, our roof will be started either this Thursday or next Tuesday. I can't believe it is getting done so quickly. Hopefully there will be no rain on whatever day they pick and it will get done that day.

Have a great night and a marvelous Monday!!!

No comments: