Anyway, Liam's friend Rebekah is riding to & from school with us this year. Her mom has to be to work earlier than I do and before the official "drop off" time so I said that it wouldn't be a problem for her to ride with us. So Rebekah arrived a little before 8 and Liam decided it would be a good time to hide. If you remember, Rebekah is the little girl from Liam's Pre-K class that likes him. He didn't stay hidden very long and actually was a great host to his guest. He asked her if she wanted something to eat for breakfast and then asked me to please get her some orange juice. So sweet!! I actually go them to pose for a couple "first day of school" pictures together too....her mom was as excited about the pictures as I am. We loaded up and headed off to school. We got there and Liam & Rebekah went right into class, put their stuff away and got started on the work at their desk....just like that. They acted like old pros. It was amazing. I am a firm believe that the year in Pre-K there at Heritage had a huge impact on them. They were so use to the routine that they didn't skip a beat. They knew what was expected of them and got to work. I spent the day at the school helping Ms. Shell get things organized and all of the first day things done and not once did I hear her talk to either of them about the rules. It is such a relief to know that your child is behaving and not being a problem child. I am sure that there will be a day that he tries to push the envelope but I am glad that time is not now.
Here is a slide show of the first day of Kindergarten (Jayna, I will get you copies of all of these pictures!!!)
Teah was great yesterday at the school. She sat in on the carpet time and participated like she was part of the class. In fact there were times that I had to look a couple of times because she blended in so well. She did math time with them as well as their song & dance time. They all had a blast. Ms. Shell teaches them the Electric Slide throughout the year and it was the cutest thing to watch. I am going to try and record it next time I am at the school so I can share it with you.
In Declan's world, exciting things are happening for him. He has lost two teeth in the last two days. UNBELIEVEABLE!!! He pulled one of them at school yesterday right before lunch - which by the way, I win the bad mommy award - I lost the tooth!!! It is somewhere at the school in a baggie but I have no idea. It is even possible that it got thrown away. Oh well, I know he lost it! The other one he pulled out this afternoon while we were at Sherri's house. She convinced him that it had to come out....and it really did. It was hitting the permanent tooth. In fact, you can already see the tooth coming in....how crazy is that. Here is a picture of how he looks with three missing teeth....still too handsome!!!!

After school we had a little bit of play time at home before heading up to Franklin for dinner at Chuck E. Cheese. Jamie (a/k/a Ms. Shell) thought it would be fun to have the class meet at there for dinner and play time. There were a few families that showed up but not that many...which was too bad, it would have been nice to have more kids there. It was a great way to break the ice with the parents. We also meet up with our friends Nicole & Mark. We had been trying to get Declan & Mark together for the last couple of weeks but it just wasn't working out, so last night was perfect. We stayed way too late but the kids had fun.
Today was picture day at school. I was trying to work it out to volunteer to help with pictures but I just couldn't get the time off. I will try to make it a point to help out at one of the next picture days. My friend Heather ended up filling in for me and she made it a point to call me to let me know that she fixed Declan's hair for his picture. Apparently they were getting ready to take the picture and she said "wait a minute" and went up to him and fixed it. THANKS, HEATHER!!! I can't wait to see how they turn out. She wasn't sure how Liam's turned out because he didn't come to her station but I am sure they will both look great. Tonight was just a hang out at home night. We have a pretty crazy rest of the week so it was nice to sit back and relax.
Other big news.....I found out tonight that they will be here tomorrow or Thursday to drop off our shingles and get started on the roof. I can't believe it is happening so soon. I can't wait to see it finished....although my friend Troy called today and said they couldn't get the shingles I picked out but there were others that were nicer they could get for us. I told him to go with those if they were something he would pick. Let's hope they are nice....I'm sure they are. I will be sure to take some pictures when they get started so you can see the process.
Well, I am going to get to bed...5am comes way to quickly for me!









1 comment:
Amy,
These pictures are just great. And you're right. Declan is very handsome. All of you kids are so cute!! I can't wait for Teah to play with Lydia. They are going to have so much fun!
I can't wait to get those pictures. I'm doing a scrapbook of Bekah's Kindergarten year. That photo of the whole class is really awesome!
Jayna
Post a Comment