
So tonight Declan got to witness why Chris won't watch football with me!!! I get WAY into the game and have a hard time sitting still or relaxing during a game - especially when my team is not winning.....is that really a bad thing?!?!?
Tonight was Notre Dame's chance to come back after the horrible week they had last week against Michigan. In case you aren't a football fan, Notre Dame lost big 47-21 against Michigan. It was looking as though tonight was going to be the same...at the end of the first half it was Michigan State on top 31-14. But the luck of the Irish came through and Notre Dame pulled it out in the fourth scoring 20 unanswered points to win the game 40-37.

Jeff Samardzija (83) and the Irish rallied after trailing by 17 in the fourth.
I did come to one conclusion tonight, Chris is no longer allowed to be in the room or watch the game when Notre Dame is playing. He watched the game with me last week and we all know what happened. And this week he watched the game (we were actually flipping between a movie, the Florida vs. Kentucky game & the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game) up until the third quarter. If you will recall, it wasn't until the fourth quarter (when Chris was no longer watching!!!) that the Irish pulled out the huge come back. So, no more football for Chris....which, I must say did not upset him at all. In fact he was pleased with the idea.
Congratulations to Delcan and any other Florida Gator fans. Declan has decided that the Gators are his team and was very excited with their 26-7 win over Kentucky. I wasn't completely into that game because it meant missing Notre Dame but I am happy that the Gators won. It means a happy football home for us!!!
Okay, now on to family news.......I had to work for a few hours this morning on a "street team" for a new movie that Provident Films is releasing next Friday into theaters nationwide. Facing The Giants is a powerful, action-packed, family-friendly drama about a high school football coach who draws up a new game plan for his team … and himself. If you get a chance to check the movie out next week during opening weekend, please do. It will not only change your life but it will make a statement to the movie industry that this is the type of movies Hollywood should be making. Movies that make a difference. Please note, the movie did receive a PG rating but it is strictly for "explicit Christian content". The kids, Chris, my mother-in-law and I watched the movie last night and there is not one thing in the movie that I was worried about the kids seeing or hearing. Here is the trailer...... (click it twice to get it started).
After I got home, we cleaned house and the kids played outside until it started raining. Chris' mom came over for the evening and so we ordered pizza and hung out in the bonus room watching TV. So not too much going on. Oh, we did hang a new shelf in the living room for the boys trophies. Our mantel was very crowded and just looked bad. We wanted to be able to show off their trophies that they are so proud of. So, we now have a little shrine to the boys....what do you think?!?!?

Tomorrow is church and then we have a leadership meeting at church at 4pm. Then it is back to school and work. It is amazing how fast the weekends go!!!
Well, I am going to head to bed. Have a great evening!!









No comments:
Post a Comment