This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It has been exactly a week since I last posted. What kind of person would let an entire week pass without informing others of what is going on in their world?!?! I know.....ME!!! I am sorry, I am sure you are wondering what has been going on in our world....or maybe not. Maybe I just imagine that there are people out there that read this. Okay, I know you exist, just look at the counter at the bottom of the page. I am truly sorry for not being better at blogging right now. I do have to admit that I have been heading off to bed pretty early. Getting up at 5am (or close to it) is rough on a person - especially one that LOVES her sleep. Not to mention the exercising makes me tired.

Okay, now on to our week in review....sit back and hold on....hopefully I can remember everything - I am getting old.....

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 -
The boys have settled into school and everyone is doing well. Liam is enjoying kindergarten and is going great. He has brought home several papers with 100 on them which is fantastic. I knew he would do great and I am just thankful that he is enjoying himself. I am a firm believer that him being in the Pre-K program last year has had a huge impact on him adjusting so easy this year. YEAH for Pre-K. I just wish it was available to more students. There are so many kids that would benefit from it. Declan is doing great in his class as well. He has received all A's on his homework...which makes me very happy. Sure it is important for both of them to get good grades but to see Declan do so well in 3rd grade makes me very happy. The only thing we have to really work on is his reading. He just doesn't like to read at night. I told him that I wanted him to start reading to Liam at night. Hopefully this will help. I have to admit it does get boring. I can't read for that long without wanting to fall asleep. I will never tell him that but I think I can trust you!

I met a friend of mine for dinner and had a great time. We went to this little Irish pub in downtown Franklin called McCreary's. They have great Fish & Chips but of course since I am trying to be healthy I didn't order it. BIG MISTAKE. What I ordered wasn't that great and I regretted it all night. After dinner we walked around downtown for a little bit before heading to Starbucks for a coffee. YUM!!! We sat and talked for an hour or so and then it was time to head home. About 8:30 is when I start winding down and I just can't focus any more. Gosh that's bad. Anyway, I had to wait for my mother-in-law to come get me because she had my van so she could take Chelsea to choir practice at the church.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 -
I don't remember what we did. Is that bad?!? I guess it could not have been too exciting. I'm guessing it was just a quiet evening at home. Please forgive me if we did something with you and I can't remember....I feel bad!!!

Oh wait, oh wait, I remember. I picked the boys up from school and then picked Teah up and we headed up to the mall so Chris could get new glasses. That's it!! On Monday he rolled over his other ones with his motorcycle so he had been without glasses all week. We picked out two pairs since they were having a special and got that all taken care of. After that, I had to run by the office for a little while to send a couple e-mails I didn't have time to send before I left for the day. When I got home John was here with his kids to hang out for a while. The kids had a great time.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 -
I got up to walk - which I am totally loving now. It is something I look forward to and hate when I miss a day - which has only happened once. After walking and being convinced by my walking buddy Debi that donuts were not a good breakfast - I stopped at the store and bought some groceries. And then called my mother-in-law and invited her over for breakfast with us. I made pancakes, bacon & eggs. It was yummy. After breakfast my MIL and I went to a couple garage sales. I said I wasn't going to buy anything and of course, yes you guessed it...I bought stuff. I ended up with some shirts for me, a set of flash cards for the boys and speakers for the bonus room. When we got back my MIL left to go to Chelsea's soccer game.....and to my surprise Teah went with her. I was pretty shocked. I didn't think she would do it but she was ready to go. The boys and I went to watch a friend of ours play baseball and then went to lunch with them and then back to the ball field for game two of a double header. After the game we headed back home to get ready for dinner. Matthew, Heather and their boys came over for dinner and to hang out. It was a fun night.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 -
We went to church in the morning and then picked up Chris' glasses after that. Then it was off to Best Buy to find a camera for Liam's teacher. I had collected money over the last two weeks to buy her a digital camera for her birthday. I looked at a few that they had but wasn't crazy about any of them so I asked Chris if we could please run by Target. I wasn't convinced that I would find anything there either but I just wanted to look. We had a quick lunch at the snack shop and then headed back to electronics. I looked at the few they had in my price range and the guy showed me a couple that were on clearance in another area but they were out of the price range. I went back to the camera display and saw one that was on clearance and realized it was one that he had just showed me. Turns out that one of the cameras was on clearance and was in my price range. It was totally a blessing! I bought the camera and another gift for a birthday party we had that night and then we headed home to relax for a bit until it was time to leave for the birthday party we were invited to. Thankfully the party was just up the street a little bit so it wasn't that bad. The party was a Dora/Diego adventure party and the kids (Liam & Teah) had a great time. The parents planned a whole backyard adventure for them to go on. They put a lot of work into the party and it was a huge success. I have a couple pictures from the party that I will post later. We did get to bring home gold fish as part of the party. Yeah for me!! The kids were so excited but I knew they wouldn't last long. They are gold fish - flushable pets!!

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 -
After my morning walk, I made cupcakes for Liam's class so we could celebrate his teacher's birthday. I ended up spending the entire day at the school helping Ms. Shell (Liam's teacher) get things ready for the week. After lunch we had her "party" and she opened her present. She was so surprised. It was so nice to see her so excited about the camera. A few other parents came to the school for the party and they too were excited about her reaction to the gift. She took pictures all afternoon. So many that even the kids told her that she was going a little bit crazy with the camera. Later in the afternoon I started getting a horrible headache...so bad that by the time I got home I could not stand up without feeling sick. Needless to say, I ordered pizza and laid down all evening. I was so thankful that Chris didn't mind me ordering pizza. I just couldn't imagine standing up to cook something.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 -
I woke up feeling fine so it must have just been from something I ate (or didn't eat) or just the stress of the day. Who knows?!? Work was busy which is nice and then we had a quiet evening at home watching Dancing With The Stars. I don't know why I like that show but I do. I am pulling for Emmitt Smith. I know that is crazy but it would be fun to see him go all the way. I need to check out the website and see who got eliminated. Every week one couple gets sent home.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 -
And now we are at today. Today was a pretty uneventful day. Work/school and then home to get ready for life group. I helped out with the kids tonight so I wasn't part of the group for discussion. When there are 18 kids someone needs to be up there with them. Yes, 18 kids. That is more than the number of adults we have. Is that crazy?!?


Well, that is all for now. I do have a few more things to add but it will have to wait until tomorrow as it is already 11:00pm and I have to be up in a very short time to go walking.

Have a fantastic Thursday and I will try to be better about posting more often and sharing more pictures. I use to be so good........what happened........
Good Night!!!

1 comment:

Jayna said...

Flushable pets. Ha ha!