We had a fantastic weekend. Friday night the kids and I hung out at my mother-in-laws house and had dinner and watched a movie while Chris went motorcycle riding with his brother Bob. Saturday morning I got up and went walking. Liam was wide awake when it was time for me to leave so I told him he could come with me. He was very excited because he has never been to the walking trail so he thought he was going on a big adventure. That soon changed when he got there and it wasn't very exciting at all!! He toughed it out though and finished the two miles without complaining....he actually rode his bike the entire time so it wasn't that bad for him. Some mornings I wish I was riding a bike instead of walking....but as they say, "no pain, no gain (or loss in my case!!). After our walk Liam & I headed home with a quick stop off at McDonald's to grab breakfast for everyone. Yes, a very healthy breakfast!! It was then time to start in on our adventure for the day.....cleaning the house. I know you are all jealous that you couldn't join us for this exciting adventure, but there will be more days like this and you are welcome to come over!! I went through all of the toys in the bonus room and got rid of everything they don't play with - four boxes of stuff to be exact. It is crazy to think that all of that has been sitting in our bonus room. I took a break mid-way through to watch the Notre Dame / Michigan game....which was very depressing if you are a Notre Dame fan...which I am. They lost 47-21. I was not too happy but hopefully they can bounce back next week against Michigan State. Everyone say a special prayer this week for Notre Dame!!!!
After the football game it was back to getting things cleaned and organized. Chris cleaned the carpet in the bonus room and I worked on the kid's room. I sorted through all of the stuff up there and get rid of a large bag of toys and just junk that was in their room. Again I say, it is crazy to think that all of that was sitting in their room. Teah and I then headed to Kroger to get groceries. I know, I get to do all the fun stuff!! It is very interesting how many you run into at the store that you know. I would have done shopping a lot sooner if I didn't know people there!! And of course, Teah can't go to the grocery store without a visit to the bathroom. It never fails, anytime we go to the store, she has to go to the bathroom. Another mom who was in there waiting for her daughter said the same thing. After shopping we picked up some take out from Sunny China and then headed home.
This morning we got up and went to first service which starts at 8:45am instead of our normal second service which starts at 11am. Let me tell you after attending the 11am service for the last year, getting to the early service was a bit rough. The kids usually have a good breakfast on Sundays but today it was cereal in a bag on the way to church. Oh well, it won't hurt them. After church it was back home to get things ready for some friends who were coming over to watch the race - no, we are not race fans but they are and asked if they could come watch it since they no longer have cable. We flipped between the race and the various football games that were on this afternoon and also watch a few music videos in-between all of that. We had a great afternoon and the kids were so excited to have their friends over. In fact, we discovered that Teah as a bit of a "crush" on one of the boys. He is 10 years old, so it isn't something we have to worry about. She keep getting in his face and sitting on his lap and actually sang to him.
Tonight I went to see a friend of mine, Jill Parr, play at a local coffee house. She did great. I had never seen her perform before and I was completely blown away. JILL, YOU ROCK!!!! She sings about the normal things that we all go through. She pours her heart into her music and connects with you through her music. Check our her web site (click her name above!!) and see for yourself. Her new CD comes out October 16 and I highly recommend picking it up....I will!! The following is on one of her t-shirts and is something I have a difficultly believing at times but as Jill and I have talked about it is something a lot of girls/women struggle with. I am getting to a point in my life of finally believing that I am beautiful - regardless of what others see. I am made in a perfect imagine and therefore can't be anything but beautiful.
And for your viewing & listening pleasure, here is a video from Jill's new release - hope you don't mind Jill!!
Well, it is time to head to bed. I have to be at the walking path by 5:45am and it is now after midnight and I like my sleep. I am putting together a slide show of pictures from the last couple weeks and will try to get it posted tomorrow....I know, promises, promises. But I will really try. Besides, Liam is star of the day in his class so I will have pictures and hopefully some video to post.
Have a great night & a great Monday!!









No comments:
Post a Comment