Saturday evening we hung out with some friends of ours, Bruce & Heather, who moved to Nashville several years ago. We have talked about getting together to hand out many times but until now had never done it. We had a great evening and am so glad that we finally made a point to make it happen. The kids played with their girls wonderfully....I have to admit that I was a bit concerned because they only have girls and I wasn't sure how the boys would handle playing with girls. Declan and their oldest daughter, Zoe, played together like they have been friends forever....which technically they have known each other since they were little. Heather mentioned she has pictures of them from 6 years ago when Bruce played a show in Nashville. I will have to look and see if I have copies of those pictures because I would love to see them. I remember the night and they were so cute running around together. We ended up staying at their house until well after 10pm....it is a 45 minute drive to our house from their place so all three kids ended up falling asleep on the way home.....and I must admit, so did I!!! I did have to drive part of the way home because we had to pick up my van at the movie theater since it was better to leave my van there then drive in the opposite direction to take it home.
Sunday was pretty normal. We had church in the morning and then hung out at home the rest of the day. Chris' mom come over and had dinner with us. After dinner she played with the kids while I mowed the lawn....at least until the mower stopped. Chris asked if I had checked the oil before starting and I said no. He was certain I had seized the engine but thankfully after adding some oil it started. It is running a little rough but I am praying that it will be fine.
Today was a pretty productive day....at least I felt like it was productive. As is my normal routine, I got up and walked and got home in time for Chris to head out to his Monday morning men's breakfast. While he was gone, I did laundry and ended up folding clothes that I had washed all week but never took the time to fold.....I know, if I would just do it when it is washed it would be easier, I just hate folding clothes. I had the boys put all of their clothes away and sorted Teah's clothes pulling out all of the clothes she has grown out of and put away all the clothes she still can wear. I also pulled in a bin of 4T clothes so that I could get them sorted and ready for her to wear. It is hard to believe that she is already in size 4T....wow how time flies. After my morning of laundry, I went with Sherri to serve food to the police and fire departments of Spring Hill. New Song's Spring Hill congregation had planned a Labor Day meal for the departments as a thank you for serving our community. Everyone involved enjoyed the day. After the meal, Sherri & I dropped boxes of left over dessert at the fire departments for them to enjoy the rest of the day.
Tonight we had a family get together at Chris' parents house....something his mom absolutely loves. Chris' dad ended up with a trip through town so he was able to be here as well. We also welcomed in a few new "O'Neals"......our friends Lee, Jen & Kyla hung out with us today and have been officially welcomed in to the O'Neal family. I am not sure how they feel about this new honor but hopefully this is an honor for them!!
Well, that is all for tonight. Hope you had a fantastic and restful three day weekend.















No comments:
Post a Comment