I am sure you have been wondering what has been going on in our world. Well, the answer is pretty much the same stuff. I know, you were hoping for something exciting....something that was worth the wait for this post but sadly, we haven't had too much going on. But I will give a quick (I say that but it probably won't be) recap on the last couple weeks since it has been that long since I last posted something of interest......
SEPTEMBER 24 - SEPTEMBER 30: On Sunday night Chris and I attended our first Leadership meeting at church. The boys stayed with Grandma Mary and Teah opted to go with us - they had child care available so she played for the three hours we were there. It was a nice meeting and included dinner and fellowship with others in leadership. The boys had school all week and are doing great. I work at the school on Mondays and Teah loves being there. In fact when we are in Liam's class she just blends in with the rest of the class. It is hard to find her when she is in the middle of the class. She sits on the carpet and participates in their learning time and then sits at the table and does the class work. She is so excited about everything she is learning. Monday & Tuesday were pretty laid back other than the normal everyday stuff. Wednesday was Life Group and Thursday was another laid back day at home. Friday night was a busy night with my company picnic from 4pm - 6pm and then hanging out with the Gallutia's at Chuck E. Cheese after that. It was a great night and the kids a had alot of fun. Here is a slide show from the events (I also posted some pictures a few posts ago)........

OCTOBER 1 - OCTOBER 6: Sunday we went to church and then came home for a little bit before heading over to a birthday party for a friend of ours from church. The kids had a great time and Chris and I got to visit with friends we don't get to see that often. You would think since we live less then 10 minutes away from each other we would see each other often other than at church but that is not the case. We are going to change that though!!! Chris, Bob, Barry & Matthew rode their bikes to the party at the request of our friend since her little boy (the birthday boy) loves motorcycles. He however was not crazy about the idea. He eventually warmed up to them and took a couple pictures with one of the bikes. The kids played for several hours before it was time to head home. We then went to pick up a couch that was purchased for us. Chris wasn't crazy about it at first but it has grown on him. It is very comfortable and he actually fell asleep on it the first night we had it home. I have to admit that I have slept on it too and it actually sleeps very nicely!!! 

Monday afternoon I dropped my mother-in-law off to get her hair done and then picked up the boys and headed back up to town to pick her up. We had received an unexpected check from some computer work Chris did a few months ago so we ended up buying the kids some much needed new shoes. Declan knew exactly what he wanted and picked out black & pink Adio skate shoes. Liam on the other hand just wanted a new pair of shoes and wasn't real sure which ones. After picking out and trying on five pairs of shoes, he finally decided on a very cool pair of white & red Puma running shoes. Teah was a bit easier to shop for since she really didn't have a say in what she was getting - I know that is mean but since she her feet will grow faster than the boys, I just wanted to get her an inexpensive pair of shoes she could wear with various outfits. I found a very cute pair of pink shoes at The Gap for $10. What a deal!!! We rushed home for a quick, late dinner of taco salad - YUM!!
Tuesday night was Skate Night for the school so after dinner the kids and I headed up to Brentwood to the Skate Center. The kids had a great time and the boys both won the skate race for their age group as well as the foot races at the end of the night. Teah also one the foot race for her age and Liam was one of the winners of the drawings that they have each night. So it was a big win night for the kids.....not to mention that on one of the arcade games they have Liam kept hitting the 125 ticket slot so they ended up with tons of tickets. I was just glad when the night was over!!! Wednesday was our second LSM class at church and then Chris and I went to do a computer job for Beatmart (one of the labels I work with). Okay, I wasn't really doing the job with him but it was fun to hang out. Thursday night was Declan's first music program of the year at school. They sang songs about being a better you and how our attitude makes us who we are. It was a cute program and as soon as I can get my video camera to connect to my computer I will put the video of the program up for you to watch. It is the entire program so be prepared to have a few minutes to sit down to watch it. During one of the songs they had to wear sunglasses & a hat. Here is Declan in his glasses & hat and also a picture of Miss Thing showing some attitude!!
Friday night we had our friends Lee & Jen over for dinner. It was a great night and we really enjoyed hanging out with each other.
OCTOBER 7: Yesterday morning was a quiet morning at home doing laundry. Yes, I know, you are jealous, but don't worry, I will always have more so you are welcome to come over next time!! In the afternoon we meet up with Marcus (it was so great seeing you again Marcus - let's get together again soon!!!) and went to the Orange County Choppers show in Nashville. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be but nevertheless, it was very cool seeing some of the bikes they have made. Here are a couple slide shows from yesterday. The first one is one of just the bikes. The second on is pictures of the carburetors and other interesting features of each bike - it is pretty amazing that they can do so much for a motorcycle.
After the show, we walked up 2nd Avenue and had lunch at Hooter's. Yes, Hooters!! They have lots of TVs so Declan was able to catch lots of college football games which made him very happy. Speaking of college football, a big cheer goes out to our teams for another great weekend of football. Both Notre Dame & Florida won yesterday which makes us (at least Declan & I) very happy. After lunch we walked back up 2nd Avenue and looked at all of the motorcycles that were parked along the street. We then stopped into Billy Joe's Tattoo to see about setting up an appointment for my next tattoo. They are a Christian tattoo shop who we heard about on the radio a couple months ago. Billy Joe, the owner, mentioned that it gives him a great opportunity to share Jesus with the people that sit in the tattoo chair. Once you are there getting work you can't leave until you are done so he has your attention for as long as he wants it to take!! What a great ministry! I spoke with his wife (I think) and told her what I would like and she told me that Billy was the best guy for the job and to give them a call to see what we could work out. I am so excited!!! It all depends on the money and how much it will cost but hopefully in the next month or so I will have my new tattoo. After that we headed back to the car and back home for an evening at home.
Today has been a pretty normal Sunday. We were up early this morning so we decided to go to first service and then have the afternoon at home. Declan and I watched football games while Chris played on his computer and Liam & Teah colored in their coloring books. I also folded more clothes that I put in the wash this morning. Tonight Phil & Steph are going to come over so we can have cake & ice cream for Phil's birthday since the kids and I will be gone next weekend (we are going to Wisconsin to see my family - will give more details later) when Steph is celebrating his birthday.
Well, there you have it our last two weeks in a very large nut shell. I hope you weren't too bored and I hope you enjoyed all of the pictures. Have a great rest of the day!!!
Oh, before I log off for the day, I forgot to share my big garage sale finds. I went to a couple garage sales last week with my mother-in-law and found some great deals. I got a bedroom set for Liam that matches one that my MIL gave Declan for $5. It is a sheet set, bedspread and wall hangings. I also found five pairs of practically new jeans for Declan for $0.50 each and the greatest of all.....a pair of very cute shoes for me for $1.00. Because I am so excited about the shoes, I thought I would share a picture with you......ENJOY!!!















1 comment:
very cute shoes!
Post a Comment