It is amazing how hard it is to find time to get on the computer and actually take the time to let everyone know what is going on in our world. I guess with the silence you have figured out that we have been busy.....
I will give a quick update and try to give more information tonight or tomorrow. The kids and I flew to Wisconsin the weekend of October 13. The boys had fall break and so it worked out well for us to take the time to go up to visit my family. We spent three days with my brother & his family and also got to see my grandparents, my mom, my uncle Bobby and my nephew Zachary. It was a great trip and so nice to spend time with those that I love that I don't see that often. The hardest part of the trip was visiting my grandfather at the assisted living center. I am such a "grandpa's girl" that it broke my heart to see him in a wheel-chair and to know that he has had some issues lately. I know that is what happens as we get old but I guess I am not ready for it to happen to my grandparents.
The kids got to celebrate their cousin Emma's birthday while we were in Wisconsin. They had a get together at a pumpkin farm which included pony rides, a rock climb, two different inflatables, a corn maze and a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin. And yes, I let them pick a pumpkin - a small one!! We even brought them back to Tennessee. They had a great time and loved being able to play with their cousins. Declan & Zachary played great together and were excited to have so much time to hang out.
The kids did great at traveling and really enjoyed the being on the airplane. We had booked non-stop flights in and out of Chicago but due to weather we had to change our plans and ended up flying through St. Louis right into Milwaukee. It worked out better in the long run....God was totally in control of the entire trip!!!
Here is a quick slide show of our weekend.....
As for what has happened since we have been back.....just a lot of the same everyday stuff.....it is amazing how busy your life can get. Liam & Teah are going to be in a Christmas program at church so they have rehearsal every Thursday night. We have Life Group or class at church on Wednesday nights and we have been trying to get together with other families at church as time allows. Sunday we celebrated Sherri's birthday as an entire family which was nice. It was something we haven't done in a while and it was great having everyone together.
Well, I need to get ready for work. Have a fantastic Thursday!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment