This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I am sure that you think I have forgotten about this wonderful thing called a blog. But rest assured, I have not and I am here with a quick update on our world. However, there will not be any pictures to amuse you with at the moment as my camera is broken and I am using my brother-in-laws but I have to go to his house to download them to a disc so that I can upload them on my computer. Why can't life be easy?!?!

So here we go with Update #1........

Chris and I have been off work since the Friday before Christmas. It has been great to have so much family time. We went shopping for the kids before heading home on Friday - we both only had to work half a day so it worked out well. It was nice to finally get the shopping out of the way and off of our list of things to do.

Friday night (Dec. 22) around 10pm Teah started complaining that her ear hurt and continued to complain about it all night. The complaining turned into a very sleepless night and a little girl who was not doing so well. And I must admit, after about 5 hours of her screaming, I wasn't doing so well either!! It does shock me how men can sleep though all of it. Several times during the night I mentioned going to the hospital but decided that I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay $100 for them to tell me she had an ear infection, so I waited it out - at least until 7:30am when I called the pediatrician’s office. They called back and said to take her to a walk in clinic and see what they said. What great help! I wasn't too happy with that answer but what is one to do. Anyway, by this time Teah had finally fallen asleep so I just let her sleep. When she finally woke up, she awoke to blood coming out of her ear. Of course all of the feelings of being a bad mommy for not taking her to the doctor during the night started running through my head. I immediately got dressed and rushed her to the urgent care center here in Spring Hill. After waiting almost an hour, I was told that she had an ear infection in both ears and had perforated her right eardrum. The doctor that saw her also said that she had lots of wheezing in her chest and her throat wasn't looking too good either. Just what I wanted to hear!! Another Christmas with Teah sick. They gave her a very strong antibiotic and a pain killer since the other ear looked to be about 24 hours behind the first. Thankfully we haven't had to use the pain killer and we went to the ENT the Tuesday after Christmas and her ear had already started healing. The ENT did say that her ears were still very full of fluid and to continue on the medicine as directed.

We didn't make it to church Christmas Eve morning but did make it to the candlelight service that evening. After church we went to Bob & Sherri's for our annual family get together. It was a fun evening but I had a lot on my mind of what needed to get done at our house so we left pretty early. We got the kids home and in bed and then it was time to finish wrapping presents, make the breakfast casserole to put in the oven in the morning and get things for our dinner ready as well. Finally at about 1:30 or 2:00am we were off to bed. And without missing a beat, the kids were up at 6:00am ready to open presents. We made them wait a little bit because Chris' parents and brother Phil & his wife Steph were coming over to watch the unwrapping.

Okay, I have to head out for the evening but will continue the update tomorrow.

Have a very Happy New Years and be safe!!!

No comments: