Liam's surgery is over and we are home!!!
Liam was a trooper and did a great job. He wasn't sure about the whole ordeal when we got to the hospital but after a little relaxing medicine he was just fine!! We were all in the room with him prior to the surgery which was nice. I must admit, I was a little sad when they wheeled him off and I had walk the other way. They gave him some sleepy gas and then they got started.
It was a very quick process and the doctor said he did great. The doctor did mention that Liam had some drainage that he was a little concerned about but said it should clear up with the medicine he will be taking for the next few weeks. Shortly after visiting with the doctor I was able to go back and see Liam. The nurse warned me that he would probably be emotional because the medicine tends to do that to kids. And she was right. He was crying very hard when they rolled him into the recovery room. He then started rolling around on his bed. He ended up getting tangled up in the IV and so we had to calm him down and get him untangled. After that little episode he was fine.
After a few minutes of being in the room, Liam asked if Daddy could have a turn in the room with him. Although I was sad because I wanted to be there, I said yes and went out to the waiting room to sit with Declan & Teah. Shortly after 11am Chris came and got me so that he could go get the car and I could get Liam dressed. By 11:30am we were loaded in the car and on our way to Walgreens to get medicine. That took longer than expected but once we had the medicine we were headed home to have our little boy rest - however, he had other plans!! He was ready to play Guitar Hero when we walked in the door!!! We did convince him to lay in the recliner while he played.
I fixed lunch for Declan & Teah and Liam said that he was hungry too. So he is eating Ramen noodles and seems to be okay. I don't remember wanting to eat when I came home from surgery but I guess that is why they say it is easier on children.
Here are a couple pictures I took with my phone during his recovery. Thank you all for your prayers - they definitely worked!!
It was a very quick process and the doctor said he did great. The doctor did mention that Liam had some drainage that he was a little concerned about but said it should clear up with the medicine he will be taking for the next few weeks. Shortly after visiting with the doctor I was able to go back and see Liam. The nurse warned me that he would probably be emotional because the medicine tends to do that to kids. And she was right. He was crying very hard when they rolled him into the recovery room. He then started rolling around on his bed. He ended up getting tangled up in the IV and so we had to calm him down and get him untangled. After that little episode he was fine.
After a few minutes of being in the room, Liam asked if Daddy could have a turn in the room with him. Although I was sad because I wanted to be there, I said yes and went out to the waiting room to sit with Declan & Teah. Shortly after 11am Chris came and got me so that he could go get the car and I could get Liam dressed. By 11:30am we were loaded in the car and on our way to Walgreens to get medicine. That took longer than expected but once we had the medicine we were headed home to have our little boy rest - however, he had other plans!! He was ready to play Guitar Hero when we walked in the door!!! We did convince him to lay in the recliner while he played.
I fixed lunch for Declan & Teah and Liam said that he was hungry too. So he is eating Ramen noodles and seems to be okay. I don't remember wanting to eat when I came home from surgery but I guess that is why they say it is easier on children.
Here are a couple pictures I took with my phone during his recovery. Thank you all for your prayers - they definitely worked!!









1 comment:
OMG Amy! I had no idea. Haven't had a chance to check the blog in a while. I hope that Liam is okay. Get well soon!!!
Post a Comment