This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Monday, February 04, 2008



HAPPY 8th HEAVENLY
BIRTHDAY
BRAEDEN!!


It is hard to believe that 8 years ago a beautiful angel touched our lives. Braeden Alexander O'Neal first entered our lives as the excitement of a new life....a new life that was to complete our family. Funny how our plans are so different from God's plans.

I remember the days surrounding the birth of Braeden like it was yesterday. Every moment, every sound, every thing. Some would think that I was tormenting myself with those memories but for those that have walked in my shoes, you know that those our sweet memories. Memories I will never let go of. Memories that bring smiles, tears, heartache and laughter, yes laughter. I wouldn't trade the memories I have for anything - okay, that is a lie, I would trade them all to have my sweet Braeden but I know that isn't possible. God had (and still has) great plans for Braeden, plans I could never dream of. The good news in all of this is that we will see our sweet boy again and thankfully, I am reminded of that fact by my precious little Teah. My three earth angels have continued to keep Braeden a very "active" member of our family. We pray for Braeden, we talk about Braeden and most importantly we remember Braeden.

Today we will celebrate Braeden and the love we have for him. It will be a day filled with mixed emotions - sadness at what should have been, happiness for the moments we held him in our arms & celebration as we wish him a very happy 8th heavenly birthday. We have created a bit of a tradition and that will continue today. After I pick the kids up from school we will pick up 9 balloons (one for each year and one extra) and will go to the cemetery. We will wish Braeden a happy birthday and then will send him eight of the balloons and tie one to his headstone. I will make an angel food cake and we will have a special dinner. Unfortunately, I have a meeting for church so I won't be able to participate in all of the festivities but will get as much in as possible before I head to the meeting.

Thank you to my family & friends who in spite of the years have continued to remember Braeden. You don't know how much that means to me and how precious it is to hear you talk about him.

2 comments:

Jayna said...

Happy Birthday, Braeden!

Indecisive Twit said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday sweet angel Braeden! We miss & love you so much.

Aunt Brandie