This is a site dedicated to the happenings of Declan, Liam & Teah O'Neal (and sometimes Chris & Amy).

We will take you on a journey of their lives and the adventures they pursue.

Monday, April 21, 2008

My boy becomes a REAL hockey player!!

Tonight after practice Declan was on the rink - without a helmet or mouth piece - and became a real hockey player. A real hockey player, you might ask yourself what does that mean....well let me show you - because a picture says it all!!!



I was at a dinner for work and got the phone call letting me know that Declan had fallen on the rink and had broken his tooth and busted his lip. The call was then followed up with a picture. It is hard to fight back tears when you are sitting with business people but I did. I was pretty proud of myself. It did lead to great conversation!! :) I made my way to my truck and then broke down. What strength I have!! :)

When I got home I went to the bonus room to find my precious little boy icing his face. He looked at me and said proudly "now I look like David Legwand". For those that are not familiar with hockey, David Legwand is #11 and plays for the Nashville Predators. I am sure Declan's jersey # will be changing in the years to come!! Here is a picture so you can see what he is talking about.




We will be at the dentist's office bright and early to see what if anything can be done to fix it. My sister-in-law who has been a hygienist her whole life (ok not really, but pretty close) said there isn't much that can be done and I'm afraid she is right. :(

Well, it is off to bed so I can be rested for tomorrow. I will let you know how things go. I also have pictures from the Casting Crowns/Leeland show we went to Saturday night as well as pictures from the boys hockey games on Saturday.

Good night!!

No comments: