Tonight was Liam's team's play-off game for inline hockey. They were the #1 seeded team with an 7-1 record. However, unlike real leagues, they do not do play-offs the same. They pull the teams out of a hat and that is who they face. I know doesn't make any sense but since I don't run the league, I guess I can't make the rules. Hey, why don't I create my own league and then things can run my way. Ah, if only it was that easy!! :)
Anyway, we had to drive out to Lavergne again. For those that have read my previous rants about having to drive out to Lavergne, I'll be quick. It is a 53 mile drive (one way) and I absolutely hate making the drive - especially with gas prices where they are at. Not to mention we had to take 2 cars because Chris was in Brentwood at work. Okay, I said I would be quick, I think you understand my frustration.
The game was a great game. Our team played tough but ended up coming out behind by one goal which means we are done with the play-offs. Again, they don't do a year end tournament like other leagues. It was win or be done. The kids were pretty upset about not winning but have nothing to be ashamed of. They played a great season - actually last season they were undefeated - so they have played two amazing seasons. CONGRATS SPRING HILL U8 SABRES!!!
There was a bit of excitement and unfortunately I was involved in the excited. And I am a bit ashamed of myself for over reacting. It has been a long tough season with this league and it came to a head tonight. Towards the end of the game a ref called two very bad penalties. Mind you, we have been complaining all season about the refs not calling penalties so I guess they decided to show us. The missed the actual penalties but decided to call us for interference (which was not the case) and for too many players on the rink when we were pulling our goalie to put an extra attacker on the rink. The coach got a little loud with the ref and got ejected and since I don't know how to not be a loud mouth Italian girl - I decided I too would let the ref know what I thought. And yes you guessed it, I too got ejected. We talked with the kids and the coach let them know that he was sorry for losing his cool and for not setting a good example. I think the kids understood his frustration. They have been dealing with rough teams all year that have not been called for penalties. The sad thing about all of this is when our coach went to talk to the head of the league, the guy talked in circles and made excuses for what has been happening all season. Apparently our teams aren't the only ones it is happening to - it is happening across the board to the Spring Hill teams. I guess it's good we are heading to ice.
Tomorrow Declan's team will face off against another Lavergne team. And yes, we get the joy of driving two cars to Lavergne again. The team Declan is playing is a travel team so they will have a challenge ahead of them. We are praying they can pull off a huge upset and walk away with the win. I will let you know how it goes. LET'S GO SPRING HILL U10 SABRES!!
Well, that is all for tonight. It is well past my bedtime!! :)
Sleep tight and have a terrific Tuesday!









No comments:
Post a Comment