Saturday was a crazy day. We had soccer in the morning, a birthday party in the afternoon and then a Kats game in the evening. So here we go on all of the exciting details.....
Soccer....... Liam's last game was Saturday and he played a great game. I think he played the entire game...even after getting a soccer ball to the face. I didn't see it happen because I was trying to see what Teah was doing but one of the mom's said "Oh no, Liam just got hit in the face". When I looked over, they had stopped play and one of the coaches was over talking to him. I put down the things I had in my hand and started to walk on to the field to see if he was okay. Before I could even get half way out, he was wiping his face and ready to play. The other moms just looked at me and said "wow, he is tough". I did check him to make sure he was okay and he said he was fine and wanted to play. So I let him continue. His face was a little red for the rest of the game and part of the afternoon but there was no bruising or swelling
so I think he will be fine. The boys played a great game and Declan, my official score keeper said they won, again!! We have the year end party on Saturday and then we are done with soccer until the fall. We were asked by his coach from last fall if Liam could play on their team in the fall. I don't care what team he plays on as long as he plays but Chris thinks it is important for him to stay with this team because they all live pretty close to us and most of them will be attending the same school in the fall.
Birthday Party (sorry not pictures)....... One of the boys in Liam's class invited Liam to his birthday party on Saturday. Thankfully it was later in the afternoon so we were able to go home for a little bit before heading out again. It was a great party and Liam had a great time. The little boy likes fire trucks so his mom arranged for one of the Spring Hill fire trucks to make an appearance at the party. The kids loved it. They were so excited to be able to get into the fire truck and learn about what is on the truck. They gave all of the kids a plastic fire chief hat before they left. Laim asked for two more because he wanted to have one for Declan & Teah....how thoughtful!! They played a little bit in their back yard before doing a piƱata and then it was time for cake and ice cream...which Liam opted out of. How I got kids that don't like cake is beyond me. We left a little early because I needed to get home and make dinner before Liam and I had to leave for the Kats game. Speaking of the Kats game......
Kats Game....... I was given tickets to the Kats last game of the season by a friend of mine (thanks Jill!) and so Liam and I had a date. We got there right as they were doing opening "ceremonies" which is great when you have a young child with you...especially Liam. He is not about sitting and waiting for things to get started. Anyway, it was a great game and we had a really nice time. With about 4 minutes left in the game, Liam looks at me and says he is ready to go home. I told him that if we went home it would mean no autographs (the players come back out on the field and walk around the sidelines and sign autographs). He said, can't we leave and come back when it is over. I told him no and he agreed to wait the 4 minutes until the end of the game. Well, he is glad we waited. Because it was the last game of the season and because they have made it into the play offs, they let the fans down on the field for an extended autograph session. Liam was so excited....I think more about being on the field than getting all of the
autographs. He got to meet 20 or so players as well as some of the cheerleaders - who loved on him lots. It was funny to watch his reaction to all of this grown women trying to love on him!! It was great to see some of the players take the time to not only sign autographs but to take the time to have actual conversations with the fans. A couple of them talked with Liam for a while and he was very excited about that. We didn't get home until almost midnight but I think the memories Liam will have of the game are well worth it. One memory I will have is that of some of the players praying at the end of the game. I just love seeing them gather as a group regardless of what team they are one and get down on their knees to pray. We saw this when we went to the game in February and we were very impressed with it. I waited to see if it would happen again and was pleased to see it is something that must happen after each game. What a testimony to those around them. Even if it is small gesture of what they have to be thankful for, at least they are taking a public stand and making the presence of God in their life know. 









No comments:
Post a Comment